June 12, 2012

Po Boy's Pool

We invested $5 in a slip 'n slide.  Yeah, who knew you could buy them so cheap? We got everything assembled, and within 1 second of plugging in the water hose, the anticipated moment was drowned out by a loud POP.  The slide had exploded!  

No fear, we had duct tape and an eagle scout on hand, so the hole was quickly mended.

And then... it turns out that both boys had a mild fear of slip 'n slides.
John and I decided to model it and make slip 'n slides look REALLY FUN, in hopes that Benson and Cole would decide to join us.  Because honestly, we didn't buy this for ourselves.  It's supposed to be for the boys.

WOOHOO!  Benson, Cole-- this is awesome!
I'm having the time of my life! 

Oh John, please let me go next! 

Boys, you're totally missing out!  Geronimo!

After standing back and watching John and me enthusiastically take about 20 turns each, Benson nervously decided to take the plunge. 

We had to help him get the hang of it at first...

But once he figured it out, Benson turned into an addict. 
 He stayed out there for an hour, going down that runway again and again, trying to thrust himself an inch further than his last run.

 
Cole invented a new use for the slip 'n slide. 

More!  More!  (panting) Gotta go again!

Look out Cole!

Now, Benson requests to play on the slip 'n slide every day.
And Cole requests to drink from the slip 'n slide every day.

The battle wounds John and I discovered the following morning on our abdomens were absolutely worth it.  

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Karisa, I love that you and John got yourselves-- I mean, got your boys-- a slip and slide. Ha ha ha! That looks like a blast!

RMcAllister said...

How fun are you!! Love it, looks like it was a blast! :)

Mary Jane said...

John sure has great slip 'n slide form!

Shapiro said...

I love that! Those pics & that commentary is priceless. We have wanted one of those forever - unfortunately it would be "Mud and Slide" right now as we still don't have our planned grass in yet - it looks like next year we'll join you in the po' boy's pool plans. Party on summer groupies! ;)