Our Father's Day gift to John this year was a ticket to Snooze at the Zoo.
Camping + Wild Animals + Us= what could be better?
My friend Katie was in cahoots for this present, and she bought one for her husband too. This past weekend, after two months of anticipation, it was finally our turn to Snooze.
As soon as we arrived at the zoo, the boys got busy setting up our tent. There were about 80 tents arranged in different zones around the zoo, and as I looked around, I think our tent was smallest! One neighbor's tent in particular reminded me of the magic one from Harry Potter. Our other next-door neighbors were our friends Katie and Ricky, et al.
And let's not forget our other next-door neighbors, the grizzly family. In the middle of the night, I either heard these guys growling, or a human snoring. It was hard to tell.
The night-time activities included a scavenger hunt around the zoo, an animal show, the movie Madagascar, and some other little contests. Here's Benson, Duncan, Cole, and Grace checking on the elk.
The zookeepers set up fire pits for s'mores
McAllister Party of Four-- right before bed. Cole was so confused and kept saying, "Let's get out of here. It's naptime." But once we explained that naptime would be in the tent, he got with the program.
Bedtime stories
And here we all are after surviving the night! The only other incident in the middle of the night (besides the bear growling/human snoring) was being awoken at 4 AM by either several women screaming, or a flock of peacocks! (Again, it's hard to tell the difference.)
I've titled this picture: "Bedheads and Breakfast." Around the table, you've got Grace, Ricky, Charlotte, Cole, John, me, Katie, Duncan, and Benson.
This really is my speed of camping, with all the food and entertaiment provided, nice bathrooms, manicured lawns, no bugs, etc. Can't wait to Snooze at the Zoo again next year.
4 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Wish we could have joined you guys!
Sweet! What a great gift.
What a cool thing to do! I think I'll suggest it to our zoo!
That does look fun-I remember reading about that and even putting it on a bucket list of things to do before me moved. Glad someone I know at least enjoyed it. Glad to see you are all doing well. We are missing you all!
Post a Comment