August 19, 2012

Politics

John and I are independents (politically), which is great because we get calls from both sides trying to persuade us to vote for them.  And since we're considered swing voters, we get called for political polls ALL. THE. TIME.  (Finally, people really want to know our opinions!) Anyway, John and I decided to go with Romney for this next presidential election.  So when we heard he was coming to Milwaukee with our WI congressman Paul Ryan (his new running mate), we dropped by.  

The Romney campaign was shooting for 5,000 to attend, but in the end 13,000 people squeezed into the amphitheater.  If you saw clips of this on the news, we were the dots in the way back.  

We met up with our friends Richard and Jenny at the event.  This picture doesn't quite capture the kids' ecstasy at being part of political history!

Here I am with their daughter Bridget helping her know when to clap.

If you squint at the big screen, you'll see Mitt Romney, Scott Walker (our controversial governor), Ann Romney, Paul Ryan, and Janna Ryan. 

Pretty cool, eh?  Mitt's speech was OUTSTANDING.  Really.   If I wasn't convinced before (which I was), I would have been convinced after hearing him in person.  And our homeboy Paul Ryan did great in his new role as VP candidate.  I'm proud to have a Wisconsinite in the big leagues!

1 comment:

B&K said...

That is so awesome. I'm hoping they come to So. Cal soon, I'd love to hear him speak in person! Yay R&R! :-)