July 14, 2012

Summer Is...

A bicycle built for three

 
Swim lessons

Being horrified by the dinosaur exhibit at the zoo

Strawberry picking

And strawberry jam making
(Don't you feel like this picture could go on the cover of a jam magazine, if such a thing exists?)

Brilliant new inventions
(This way, Benson can eat cereal while simultaneously scratching his eyebrows!)

Playing, eating, rolling, and digging in sand

Modern day version of bubble boy

Waterski shows
(Yes, this is Wisconsin, not Florida. We were so confused!)

Reading late into the night


Getting dizzy on carnival rides

Half marathon training
(Thanks boys for putting up with these long runs!)

And (drumroll)... I ordered fish for the very first time!
It was risotto with buttery scallops, and some creamy pea mixture on top.
And it tasted pretty good, and I didn't even gag.

Here's to lots of new developments this summer. 

4 comments:

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

so much fun to see. I LOVE the pic of the dinosaur exhibit at the zoo. I remember going there as a little kid and having that same look on my face :)

Mary Jane said...

Karisa,

I want to subscribe to that Jam Magazine. I've always wanted a Cover Girl daughter.

The expressions on your sons' faces at the dinosaur exhibit are classic, and would be great for any horror show. Alternatively, you could enter their photos for the Jam Magazine for those who do not follow the recipes correctly.

I seldom comment on your photo blogs, but must say that I always love viewing them and keeping up with your lives of not-so-quiet desperation. (Thoreau)

Love, Dad

Leah said...

Hey, did you go berry picking in WI? If so, where?

Jana said...

Oh Karisa...the other night as I tried a piece of shrimp I told Brad, "it must be mental...I want to gag every time I bite down." I am glad your fish tasting was more successful than mine. :)
I love your boys faces at the zoo. You are such a fabuloso mother! How is Benson already reading?? I need some tips. Well I might need to start with potty training.
Good luck on your half marathon. We love and miss you guys.