July 26, 2012

The difference between men and women

When I'm in charge of Friday nights, this is my winning 3-step formula:

1) Go for a walk/run/bike ride/rollerblade along a beautiful trail
2) Eat gelato/frozen custard/ice cream/frozen yogurt
3) Snuggle up with John while watching a romantic movie or reading a funny book together

It's a nice formula.  I've never gone wrong with it.

When John is in charge of Friday nights however, I never know what to expect.  Like this past Friday night, for instance.  



Good to know, both boys are 20/20.

(wolf whistle)

After the eye exams, John and I put the boys to bed and then curled up on the couch to watch a devastating documentary about September 11th. 

So there you have it.  The difference between a man and a woman!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

The real question is, did he do the glaucoma test just watch their expressions when they got a puff of air on their eyeball? :) That would be the ultimate Dad gag.

Preethi said...

Hahaha, so funny! I'm with you - ice cream + romantic comedy and/or reading a book together is my idea of a perfect night.

PS - I'm giving away a little boy's bow tie on my blog and thought you might be interested. :)

preethi
lace, etc.