May 1, 2012

Birthday Boy(s)

We just finished celebrating our triple-whammy birthday week.  Please come over and help us eat our cakes!

#1: Benson turned 4 --April 18
We had a strong petition for (of course) a Cars ice cream cake.  I think we are single-handedly funding Owen Wilson's retirement through Cars merchandise royalties!  

I had to demonstrate how to use one of Benson's new birthday presents.  He's still getting the hang of the jump rope and can do one revolution before getting tangled.

My crowning achievement as a mother happened on Benson's birthday.  We went out to Blue's Egg for breakfast, and I said, "it's your special day Benson, you can order anything you want.  They have french toast, waffles, monkey bread, smoothies, pancakes, fancy oatmeal, eggs, hash browns, sausages, etc."

Benson said, "I'll have broccoli." 

 #2: John turned 30 -- April 21
John celebrated his big day up in Calgary with a bunch of his Taylor cousins.  (More on that trip later.)


Here's John with his Uncle Barney and Aunt Myrle

There were a few hitches on John's birthday (e.g., getting abysmally lost on our drive from Montana to Calgary, and realizing how lost we were when we saw the "Welcome to British Columbia" sign).  But the family party at the end of the day fixed things and made John's birthday SO MUCH FUN!  His cousins are awesome.  (And after hearing our pathetic story, they lent us their GPS for the week, hallelujah!)

#3: Cole turned 2 -- April 30
John and I both had a full day of work on Cole's birthday (I know, terrible!), but we celebrated when we got home.  Meanwhile, our babysitter Anna tried to make the day special for Cole, and she texted us this cute picture of him eating his birthday breakfast.  

Our next-door neighbors came over to sing to Cole and help us eat the volcano cake.

It's a science experiment, it's a cake.
Here's a peak into our kitchen to watch Cole's birthday cake erupt.  

The explosion really would have gone better if we had dry ice (or firecrackers!).  I called 20 stores (including three liquor stores!!!) in a vain search for dry ice.  Everything was either closed, fresh out, in Illinois, or they had discontinued selling the stuff.  Oh well. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY THREE FAVORITE BOYS!

2 comments:

BWei said...

I love the one of you skipping rope--you look about 12 :-). I was very reluctant to get a GPS but boy, has it been a lifesaver...especially for a directionally-challenged person like me. Can't wait to hear more about that trip!

Shapiro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MAC BOYS! WE WERE HOPING TO HAVE A COUSIN TO SHARE IN COLE'S BIRTHDAY... BUT WE'LL PLAN FOR ONE IN THE COMING WEEK SO WE CAN SPREAD OUT THE PARTYING! Thanks for the updates on your fun trip to CANADER! :) Can't wait to hear more - love you guys!