October 6, 2011

Overheard at our house

Sometimes you need to use force
BENSON: Mom, can you get me a hammer?
ME: No. But why?
BENSON: It's for my puzzle.
ME: Why do you need a hammer for a puzzle?
BENSON: (grunting while pushing two wrong pieces together) To make these pieces fit!

Benson's inadvertent pick-up line
I hurt my tongue!  Can you kiss it?

I think God gets the message
JOHN: (wearily praying before rushing out the door one morning) ...and please let us get more sleep tonight, and help us to be happy, and we pray to please help us catch up on sleep, and give us energy to do everything we need to do, and (huge yawn) please help us to get more rest...


Stylista
BENSON: Do your hair today with a circle in the back (demonstrates with his fingers doing a circle at the back of his head).
ME: You mean a ponytail?
BENSON: No, a peopletail.

2 comments:

Sook said...

Love it! Is Benson older than Matt? I forget.. And I think your husband is a little tired... lol

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Benson really does come up with some good stuff. And poor John.