October 15, 2011

Sights of the Season

I tend to change my mind every few months over which season is my favorite, but for now it's fall.  Here are some of our latest pictures as we soak up the gorgeousness around us.


Note: Cole is not wearing color contacts

John and I recently invented a new extreme sport.  We call it strollerblading.  It is so much faster and more fun than jogging, and it's a great workout.  


John will be getting hernia surgery soon, no doubt.


Benson now (3-1/2 years old) and then (1/2 year old)


A rainbow tree (red, orange, yellow, and green leaves, with blue sky background)


Checking out the beautiful autumn views by Holy Hill

Our thwarted attempt at getting the boys to stand still against the measuring wall


More strollerblading

We're discovering that Cole is pretty possessive over his pumpkins.

HAPPY FALL!

8 comments:

T & E's Blog said...

Holy Hill was one of our fall traditions too. That place is beautiful!!! So fun!

BWei said...

Wow--no wonder John needs so much sleep--he is out strollerblading every night! :-)

KevandChels said...

Oh my goodness! No offense but I'm a little scared for your children's lives, remembering some of our attempts to stop when we would go 'blading as teenagers, the main one being heading straight for the curb and pitching ourselves forward into the grass in efforts to avoid barreling down hills.

Karisa and John said...

Okay, just for the record... and so you don't think we're total kamikazes... we only go strollerblading on this one paved, flat nature trail! We meet there when John finishes work sometimes and enjoy the secluded, quiet path while we push the boys and we catch up on the day. And it's like rollerblading while holding a shopping cart--it's a lot steadier than it is when we don't have anything to hold onto. The stroller is so heavy that we don't worry about it tipping.

Okay, maybe it still sounds kind of risky. But I haven't tried that wipeout-and-throw-yourself-onto-the-grass stunt yet!

Shapiro said...

I like the strollerblading idea! I've never thought about that - super one! Party on and jump in some leaves for us! We have to take weekend trips to find fall here!!! :)

B&K said...

oh man, i totally want to try strollerblading now! :D

Adriano M. Soares said...

Hey, John I´m Missing You!!! Bem prefiro o português, meu amigo muitas saudades de você, sempre me lembro do nosso trabalho como missionários, tenho vivido dignamente, sou um Bispo da Igreja, tenho dois filhos maravilhosos, para béns por sua familia, nos vemos em breve. Adriano Mesquita Soares
Um forte abraço adrianosoares711@hotmail.com

Adriano M. Soares said...
This comment has been removed by the author.