Several months ago, I wrote a post about Milwaukee Freecycle, basically poking fun of the ridiculous things you can get for free. I thought everyone on it was completely nuts, but I still checked it religiously, just in case some wealthy philanthropist would give away their treadmill for free.
I've had a change of heart about Freecycle. It's actually pretty sweet! Now, there are plenty of silly offers (anyone want a used commode shower chair? a tin pepsi sign? four assorted coffee mugs?), but every once in a while, you hit the jackpot.
For example, thanks to Freecycle, we now have an exercise room. Not only did I find my free treadmill, but also I found a free Nordic Track and a free elliptical. The only drawback is that now we've run out of excuses for being out of shape!
These exercise machines aren't very fancy, but they work. (Usually.) For months we couldn't get the treadmill off of "hill" mode, but we found that made our workouts much more intense Do a hill workout for a few days and you'll get legs of rock.
Now turn to Exhibit B-- Benson's current wardrobe. We drove into a sketchy part of Milwaukee and picked up several bags overflowing with 3T boys clothes. They were in great shape and they were all free. What's more, the previous owners loved muscle shirts, so that's now a huge staple in Benson's wardrobe! Perfect.
And our latest conquest, this train table. My boys are obsessed with it. (Just click on this picture to see it bigger-- it's darling.)
So there's my commercial. Go sign up for Freecycle if it's available in your community, check it every day, and if anything good comes up, pounce.
4 comments:
That is awesome! You have almost converted me to Freecycle! The train table is great. There isn't a day that goes by that Marshall isn't playing with his train table. Hooray for new toys; especially FREE ones!
Holy Moly! I can never bring my kids to your house again-they will never want to leave!!! Congratulations on awesome finds!
Yeah, I can see how freecycle would be wonderful-if you don't live in Utah! There is some great stuff, but there are so many people who want it that I never reply in time! And they don't have it here in Philadephia! Glad to see you got such great stuff!
I keep forgetting to check out Freecycle. I guess I shouldn't acquire anything new until I move. I am completely impressed with your finds!!!
Post a Comment