October 5, 2010

Top 10 Quotes and Top 5 Pictures

Bensonisms:

10) "Happiness is over."  (Referring to his book on CD titled "Happiness.")
-------------
9) "Mommy!  Mommy!  There are ants in my toes!" (Benson just discovered toe jam.)
-------------
8) "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9!  I have nine fingers!"
-------------
7) JOHN: "Benson, isn't this soup mommy made delicious?" BENSON: "The only thing better would be soup with cabbage!" (We think he got this quote from his Stone Soup book.)  
-------------
6) (While hanging up his Fisher-Price phone) "I just got off the phone with Joseph Smith.  He says hi."
-------------
5) "'SH' is for sugar!"
-------------
4) "'J' is for giraffe!"
-------------
3) "'S' is for cement mixer!" (We're realizing that the English language has a lot of exceptions.)
-------------
2) "I have a new friend and her name is Jefferson!"  (Actually her name is Kennedy, but this comment taught us that the book of US Presidents that we thought was way over Benson's head is somewhat sinking in.)
-------------
1) (While running breathlessly into the kitchen) "OH NO! I just colored orange marker on everything!"


And some recent pictures of Mr. Cole: 

"Huh, that boy over there is sure handsome."


"Mom, he keeps copying exactly everything I do! Even my tricky moves!"


"This new friend feels strangely smooth and cold..."


The 3 of us laid down on our front lawn this morning and just watched the leaves fall all around us.  I was doing reverse pushups with Cole (pushing him up and down) and as he was grinning down at me I was struck at what a miracle he is.  (What a miracle any baby is.)  Cole has really won me over!  I'm so glad he joined the MilwaukeeMacs. 


And for a less-sublime moment, here are Benson and Cole finding out the hard way that Indian corn decorations taste nothing like corn on the cob.  

These boys are a delight!  They keep me chuckling and smiling each day.  

9 comments:

Mary Jane said...

I'd love some of that soup with cabbage too! I think you've got a foodie on your hands.

Bethany said...

Haha, those are great quotes! He's so good at letters--I think I have a long way to go with Drew in that area. He mostly just throws his magnetic letters around the kitchen. I absolutely love the Joseph Smith phone conversation, too. Not a bad conversational partner :)

John and Karisa said...

I love that picture with the canopy behind Cole! Magnificent photography, Karisa!

All I know is I'm one lucky guy!
John

BWei said...

Priceless quotes. And way to go on the pumpkin patch adventure, too--very brave.

Stephanie said...

haha I love everything about this! Benson's got it all figured out... :)

Brooklyn said...

Is his "Happiness" book from the Standin Tall series?

Frederickson said...

Karisa,

Move over Dave Barry. Benson's effortless quips will soon surpass your own! I especially love his No. 1 observation: 1) (While running breathlessly into the kitchen) "OH NO! I just colored orange marker on everything!" Like mother, like son.

Love,
Dad

Shalet said...

cute kiddos. good luck with the potty training....sounds like he's doing GREAT! sure is nice to get over that hurdle!

McAllister Family said...

Cute boys! I love Benson's quotes! He is a smart little guy! So cute!