July 31, 2008

Surgery

It was very quiet in the room where John was studying tonight-- a little too quiet-- so I went in to see what was going on. Of course-- he was busy stitching up a banana! That's what everyone does with their spare time!


John likes his surgery rotations so much, that he decided to practice his suture skills on fruit. Better the banana than me!


All better. (John wants a disclaimer-- don't examine the banana or peppers too closely, because this was his first whack at it.)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That's awesome! I can picture his first encounter with a patient, "No don't worry, I've done this many times. All of the bananas survived."

BWei said...

That is hilarious. Loved the water fountain pics, too--you look great, Karis!

Stephanie said...

Haha-- I love this!! John will be an amazing surgeon with this kind of practice! I mean really, the banana was barely even bruised... :)
I just discovered your blog through Catherine's and I think I'll be entertained for hours catching up on your lives! I'm glad to see you're all doing so well :) We sure miss havin you guys out in Utah though...