John is home SO MUCH MORE now than during the last 8 years of med school and residency. (Cue the chorus of angels!) He works about 50 hours per week now, which is glorious after the 80-hour work weeks we're accustomed to. I feel like we're not just surviving life anymore. John has the time and energy for hobbies, and it's such a luxury having him around more to raise the boys with me. I will never take that for granted.
Here he is putting the finishing touches on his first real painting. That is Peninsula State Park up in Door County, Wisconsin. We've biked, hiked, toured lighthouses, and eaten fudge there. And now, John brought it to our dining room! Since his autumn painting is finished, he's going to try a winter one next-- a snowy scene from Lake Louise in Canada.
We take multiple nature walks every week, and since July, John has been running every morning (6 days a week), and only missed it twice.
The best thing about this Mount Vernon picture is that it takes place on a Wednesday! John had the morning off, so we swung by before dropping Cole off at preschool. Why not?
John likes to take the boys out for bike rides
John's been playing church ball with the guys every Tuesday night.
And we've been having fun touring new spots in Virginia on the weekends.
Three cheers for life after residency! I'm so relieved that we made it through, that it's over, and that life has significantly improved since John finished. Phew!

4 comments:
Hooray for surviving and finding the light at the end of the tunnel!
Life after residency IS a whole new chapter! I'm glad it is treating you well. We've enjoyed it too!!
This gives me hope!!!
Loved these pics--I bet you'll have seen more of VA in the next year than I have in the last four, haha!
Post a Comment