May 19, 2014

SOLD!

Our house was recently on the market.  Benson made this nifty sign to attract prospective buyers and it must've worked, because a month after listing our home for sale, we got an offer.  

Here are some shots of our home, just for our own records...

The front room

Our kitchen (along with the backsplash, our baby)

Master bedroom

Backyard (that rectangle was my doing)

Benson and Cole's room

Christian's room

Our playroom

The best present of John's birthday this year was the news that we had an offer on our home.  The people moving in are newlyweds, born-and-raised Sconnies, and 1st and 4th grade elementary school teachers at a local Lutheran school.  The woman's older sister lives one block away (with her husband and children), and so they're really excited to live so close to family.  

It was big cause for celebration!

And here's where we're moving!  A 3-bedroom colonial townhouse in Fairfax, VA.  We're going to rent this place for a few years (instead of buying) while we attempt to pay off our med school loans and save our pennies for a down payment.  

We feel a combination of tragic and giddy as we brace ourselves to leave the hundreds of friends and millions of wonderful memories here in Wisconsin, and venture to the wilds of Washington DC.  

7 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! Milwaukee won't be the same without you!!

I am impressed by your gymnastic skillz Karissa!

Mary Jane said...

Those beautiful pictures of your home for prospective buyers are not an aberration. I don't know how you managed it, but every time we visited, your home looked as pristine and inviting as it does in those sales pictures.

BWei said...

I know why your house sold so quickly--it is beautiful and perfectly staged! I know it's bittersweet for you guys, but hooray for us!

Julie and Jesse said...

I love your home! I'd love a photo tour of your new place, once you're settled. I'm so happy that you guys chose to move to Northern Virginia...or NoVA as we like to call it ;) it's a great place!!

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

Congratulations! That's such a great feeling. Love the look of your new place! Good luck on your move.

Shapiro said...

I love that you brought out the trampoline!!

Shapiro said...

I love that you brought out the trampoline!!