We just got back from the coolest family reunion EV.ER. John and I have been anticipating this trip for over a year. All 19 Babbels got to spend a week together in the US Virgin Islands!
If it weren't for the crazy (and I mean crazy) roads, John and I would be ready to ditch everything and move to St. Thomas.
At Babbel reunions we always take the "how well do we know each other" matching quiz.
Everyone aged 4+ had to present a short report about the Virgin Islands. Here, Chase is teaching us about iguanas. (My report was on pirates of the Caribbean, Benson's was on coral reefs, and John's was on sugarcane.)
Glad Chase briefed us ahead of time...
Boys being boys
It's not an official reunion unless you get matching shirts!
We scarred Cole for life at Blackbeard's Pirate Castle...
Competed in some family relay races...
Splashed in Magen's Bay...
Danced with a sea lion...
Drooled at the chocolate factory...
Sailed on a sunset dinner cruise...
Beach-hopped...
Kayaked...
Memorized Virgin Island-themed poems, scriptures, and songs (and then chose prizes from my Mom's treasure chest when we passed them off)...
Ate a lot of fish...
Drank a lot of smoothies...
(and coconut milk...)
Went snuba diving...
(it's a combination of snorkeling + scuba)
Saw tropical fish, sea turtles, manta rays, squid, jellyfish, tarpon, and possibly a small nurse shark...
(collectively, and not in one sitting)
Played hard at the hotel pool...
Enjoyed a puppet show (starring my dad and John)...
Swam some more...
And some more...
Sang a lot of "Wheels on the Bus"...
Played with a friendly sea lion...
Smooched...
And cried when it was over.





6 comments:
The picture of some of the grandkids running into the water at Trunk Bay looks like it could be in an advertising brochure for the Virgin Islands. John very appropriately described the beaches there in St. John as having "400 thread count sand!"
Oh wow! Love the pics! Looks like an amazing fam reunion vacation spot. I'll keep that in mind..... :)
Thanks for being our photojournalist!! (You may notice some of these very same picture on my blog...that is, if I ever get to my blog...) Love Cole's face when that pirate guy is pretending to take you hostage.
Oh Karisa, I'm glad you guys had such a great time! Looks like one fantastic trip!
That looks like an amazing reunion! I love seeing pix of the whole family! Everyone looks great! Such a beautiful family!
I would have cried too when it was over!!! What a GREAT time!! I especially loved your mom's treasure box (I want to know what scriptures have to do w/ the virgin islands that you memorized - that is awe.some!), the "smooched" picture, and the coconut milk sipping! :) What a memorable experience! I'm glad you guys have such great experience amid the stress of med school - way to make life HAPPY! You guys are THE BEST! Can't wait to swat mosquiters w/ you in Nauvoo soon!! :) Love you four point five peeps!
Post a Comment