January 9, 2013

The Resolutions We Haven't Broken Yet

COLE'S 2013 GOALS
1) Learn to climb into my car seat and buckle up.
2) Wear underwear.
3) Be more of a conformist during Nursery activities and lessons.
4) Master the fork and spoon.
5) Memorize 1 quote/poem/scripture/something useful each month
6) Learn to blow my nose.

BENSON'S 2013 GOALS
1) Learn how to do word searches all by myself-- even the diagonals.
2) Learn how to dribble a soccer ball.
3) Learn to tie my shoes.
4) Read scriptures every day.
5) Eat more than just fruit.
6) Swim the width of a pool.

KARISA'S 2013 GOALS
1) Prepare breakfast by 8 AM (Mon-Fri) so Benson is on time for school and I'm on time for work.
2) Pay off credit card in full each month without thinking of excuses.
3) Exercise 4x/week.
4) Don't daydream about french fries every time I pass a Wendy's.
5) Always be reading a good book.
6) Do 1 load of laundry each day --including folding.

JOHN'S 2013 GOALS
1) Grow more hairs on my head.
2) Keep my sanity while studying.
3) Eat more vegetables.
4) Exercise more regularly.
5) Learn to yodel well.
6) Sign a contract for a real job in a tropical, beautiful, exciting, any location.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

You need to come set some goals for us. :)

Karisa and John said...

Anyone have any ideas on growing more hairs on one's head? This spray-on stuff does nothing.
--John

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

Benson's goals are pretty amazing for a little guy! 2 tangentials...
1.) We had a nightmarish travel situation reminiscent of your previous post this Christmas, and it brought me some odd comfort amidst all the stress to know that someone else had lived through that terror. Puking kids on planes and in airports =sheer misery.
2.) I love watching all the videos you post- your most recent one "the unexpected gift" made me cry.

Love love love reading your blog posts- they always manage to put a smile on my face :)

BWei said...

I find it pretty funny that Clara still hasn't mastered some of Cole's and Benson's goals (namely blowing her nose, tying shoes, swimming the width of the pool, etc. Haha! Well, we're all a work in progress, right? :-) I sure do miss you, Karisa--hope you're surviving the winter up there.

Shapiro said...

I love these goals guys! So I had the thought the other day to make a goal to yodel too! HA! It must be in the genes. Marcus' grandfather made that goal once and taught himself to yodel and was apparently a very great yodeller... a very worthy and well-deserving effort to make!! :)
And as for growing hairs on your head - thyroid medication? ha! j/k Try Argon Oil shampoo - I bought some b/c I was losing some hair and it works! (either that or my thyroid meds are working!) Good luck!