...the last few baseball games of the season
...breezy mornings at the park
...apple picking with cousins
...massive leaf piles with neighbors
...carving pumpkins
...our magnum opus
(John's, mine, Benson's, and Cole's pumpkins-- as you can see, our boys' manual dexterity is remarkably advanced!)
...Happy Hour with co-workers
(they got happy on margaritas, I got happy on root beer)
...trick or treat parties
...family picture bloopers
...church Halloween parties
...donuts-on-a-string (I got trounced)
...Halloween piñata spectating
...the piñata candy free-for-all
...and after all this, the resulting sugar-induced crash.
I sure do love this season!
5 comments:
The donut on a string game: I think I've played it at almost every Halloween party I've ever gone to. But apparently I've only ever gone to church Halloween parties. This year at the Consulate party, a member coworker set up this game, and a bunch of other American coworkers were standing around saying, "Wow, this is such a fun game! I've never played before, but what a great idea!"
I was kind of shocked.
And Kevin won. I guess he has practiced enough to have gotten the technique down.
Judging from those pumpkins, I'd let John do surgery on my eyes!
Did you seriously carve those pumpkins???? That's not a picture from the internet or something? Wish you were here. We have five uncarved pumpkins sitting on our front steps. Pretty lame. :-)
We want to come do leaf jumping with you!!! :) We miss that!!! And you!!! And those pumpkins are impressive... we resorted to foam "Mr. Pumpkin Head" changeable face-wear with velcro that I created for primary choristering and we never did quite get to pumpkin carving this year, so maybe we'll make some turkies out of our pumpkins for Thanksgiving - I know, we're lame. But wish we were neighbors so you guys could motivate us more in person with all your partying and fun times! We love you and miss you and love you and miss you!! Did I mention we love and miss you!?
Post a Comment