May 11, 2012

This week's top quotes

Benson: "A long time ago, when I was a little kid, I had this crazy dream about..."

---------------------

Cole: "Goodnight feet.  Goodnight legs.  Goodnight bottom."

---------------------

Benson (helping me write out our Saturday job chart): "One of Dad's jobs should be to practice the piano."
Karisa: "Sure. Why?"
Benson: "Because Dad just plays like this (using his index fingers to demonstrate): tap..... tap..... tap....tap...."

---------------------

John (while sleep talking): "Load the patient up with more morphine please."

---------------------

Karisa (while doing speech therapy with a new 2-year old client, reportedly non-verbal): "Ball!  Ball up.  Ball down.  Buh.  Buh.  Ball.  Throw ball.  Kick ball.  Ball!  
Oh look-- a bus!  BUS!  Beep-beep!  Bus goes.  Kids on bus.

2-year old (after staring at me, amused, for half an hour): 
"Guess what?  My dad's taking me to Chuck E Cheese tonight."

(Note for my speech patho friends: yeah, I'm still confused about this one too.  Either I found the magic cure to get him to instantly talk in sentences, or the parents were faking it so their child would qualify for disability money, or the child rarely opens up and I somehow caught him on a good day, or... I'm not sure what else.  Oh well, he clearly doesn't need therapy!)

---------------------

Benson: "When I turn 1835, then I'll be good at fixing things."

---------------------

Cole (cracking up while looking out the window into front yard)
Karisa (coming into the room): "What's so funny?"
Cole: "That chipmunk!"

(Sometimes God gives us natural comedy.)

---------------------

Benson's Sunday School teacher: "I'd like you all to choose your favorite animal to act out.  It could be a monkey, a lion, a bear, whatever."

Benson: "I'LL BE THE PUFFERFISH!" 
(Some may call this nerdy, we prefer the term precocious.)

4 comments:

Miranda said...

So funny. I sure miss the boys. We'll have to get together sometime. Maybe when school is over and summer is here.

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

Too funny!

Shapiro said...

Your last quote here is so cute. The other day I asked Nathan what his favorite animal was and he looked at me with big eyes and then with a big, growly voice responded "A WAAAALLLLRRRRUUUSS!!!" (I didn't know he knew about Walruses - maybe Marcus has been teaching him about them behind my back) then he said again, with a forceful voice: "A Walrus! A Lion! And a SHARRRRKKKK!!!" He and Mr. Pufferfish should get together and splash around this summer - our kiddos are so cute. I love that they are all so creative and sweet- I can't wait til we can get them all together again!!! Love you!

Shapiro said...

P.S. Correction on the comment - not just your last quote, but all of the quotes are AWESOME - poor John needs more sleep! :) I'm glad he's not loading me up with morphine!! :)