December 12, 2011

Time-honored tradition

We forced our boys to sit with Santa Claus again this year.  They treat the poor man as if he has leprosy. Let's reminisce to past years...

2009
The scream that was loud enough to reach the North Pole.

 2010
Benson having a mini-coronary.

2011
Finally some progress.  Although Benson wouldn't actually touch Santa, at least he left the horrifying screams and pants-wetting to Cole this year.

I'm not sure why, but it just wouldn't be Christmas without this!

10 comments:

BWei said...

I have to say that I think the whole tradition of sitting on Santa's lap is a bit weird. This year we saw Santa for the first time and Clara actually did really well, but I didn't snap a picture. Oh well. Btw I loved your card and I DID make it through the newsletter! :-) I love your letters.

Bethany said...

Haha, classic!

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

oh, too funny!

Sook said...

Wow. These pictures make me laugh! Love them! You should definitely show these to your boys when they are old enough to take their own sons to Santa. :)

Shapiro said...

Your posts are hilarious. I just love the Santa pics through the years and your commentary. I can't wait for your boys to see these when they get older. It just makes me laugh. I love it.

Jackie said...

'Tis the season for scarring our children, no?

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

I love the pictures leading up to this years. Nice way to tell a story. LOL Got your xmas card. Love it! So cute! I read the whole thing too.

Lynn said...

Love it! Got a good chuckle outta it

Jana said...

You seriously crack me up. I keep coming to your blog so I can get a good laugh. Thanks for the Christmas card and letter (I read it all). We love and iss you all.

Preethi said...

That is EXACTLY how Nat reacted this year. We even upped the scarring factor by going back for round 2 because we didn't get video the first time. Kind parents, we are...