During Benson's quiet time every afternoon, we give him puzzles, books, and letters to play with. It's interesting to open the door at the end and discover what Benson has done while alone, and particularly what he's spelled. Hopefully his future teachers will award points for creativity on his spelling tests.
Cold and Hot
So he turned "cold" from an adjective into a verb. We could actually use this term for Cole's name, kind of like Jimmer: "You just got Coled!"
(Although I can't imagine Cole ever doing anything to merit that phrase, except maybe having an explosive blowout on someone's lap.)
(Although I can't imagine Cole ever doing anything to merit that phrase, except maybe having an explosive blowout on someone's lap.)
I thought these were just mumbo-jumbo letters put together and was going to throw them back into the container, but Benson informed me he had figured out how to spell our prophet's name, Thomas S. Monson. Creative. (Lest you believe our son overly pious, his other favorite name to spell is Snot-Rod!)
Emma
"Mom, I wrote the name of the book you're reading!"
---------------
And one little anecdote: several weeks ago, Benson asked me how to spell butt. I was shocked. I firmly replied, "we do not use that word in our family. Where did you hear that?" and he said, "do you spell it B-U-T?" Ohhhh. That but. Got it. Yes, that would be B-U-T.
3 comments:
I think your child is a genius! He must have an impressive mamma!!
It's fun to see what a natural interest Benson has in letters, reading and spelling. Benson comes from a long line of good spellers. His great, great grandparents met at a spelling bee when his great great grandmother correctly spelled daguerreotype to beat her future husband. I love Benson's creative spelling. Coled is a very good guess for the word cold, when your brother is named Cole.
So cute! I'm so glad you have taken pictures of these!!!
Post a Comment