June 2, 2011

Our Social Calendar

We've been busy busy busy lately with lots of guests.  Hooray!  We're always honored when people take time for Milwaukee.  

Can anyone besides a McAllister name this movie quote?
"My dad would pack up our sometimes-working car, and he would tell me amazing stories about strange and exotic lands... as we headed off to exciting destinations like... Milwaukee."

GUESTS #1: The Pitts and the Merrells.  We had a farewell barbecue to say goodbye to these wonderful friends.  The Pittses's (any English majors know how to pluralize Pitts?) are leaving for orthopedic surgery residency in Texas, and the Merrells are starting radiation oncology residency in Minnesota.  They really threw a bombshell when they announced they were moving-- we're going to miss them a TON!

GUEST #2: John's brother Paul visited Milwaukee for 5 hours recently.  (He was at an orthodontist conference in Chicago and swung by.)  
2 hours were spent giving him a tour of the city
2 hours were spent eating dinner and talking
1 hour was spent doing Marble Works

If we did it again, we'd set aside more time for Marble Works.  

GUEST #3: Erin Lyman came back to town!  The Lymans moved away 2 years ago, and John and I still get upset when we think about it.  We were so happy to have Erin back for a few days.  

Erin and I are on the same track with pregnancies, and she makes the girls while I make the boys.  We're hoping our children agree to the double wedding that we've already arranged for them!  They'd be dumb not to. 

This is for their wedding video.  Here's Eliza, Cole, Benson, and Emma.  Notice Benson's face.  ("MOTHER!  There are GIRLS in the bathtub!")

We had a get-together for Erin one night, and we set up the camera timer for a group picture.  Benson foiled this first one, although I'm posting it because I love everyone's facial expressions.  

And here we are again, doing the Brady Bunch shot, this time with everyone's compliance.  

So if you make Milwaukee your exciting destination, we'll throw you parties, turn your bathtime into social hour, and play lots of Marble Works.

8 comments:

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

You are wonderful hosts. We always have lots of fun at the McAllisters. I am no english major (I am sure you can tell), but I think it would be Pitts'. That apostrophe at the end counts as an s sound. LOL I donno.

BWei said...

While You Were Sleeping! (My mom's favorite movie)

Preethi said...

Only my favorite movie ever! Seriously, I think Dan is a little annoyed at how many times I've made him watch it. :)

Also, if it's just a plural, you'd write Pitts or Pittses (depending on whether you think it has a hard z ending or not...I think Pittses sounds better). If you were making a possessive, you'd do an apostrophe (e.g., the Pitts's house). Strunk & White say to do apostrophe + s, but evidently just an apostrophe is now acceptable, as well. That was probably way more information than you ever wanted to know.

Tim and Sara said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! Although it did make me very homesick for Milwaukee.

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

I LOVE that movie !

Leah said...

Hello, While You Were Sleeping! Love visits and you guys are so fun!

Joy and Ted said...

Is it While You Were Sleeping?! I want to be a guest at the McAllisters!!!

T & E's Blog said...

Oh my gosh!!! So fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how fun that was for me! You guys are the best!