May 8, 2011

365 Days Old

Cole has lived to tell of his 1st birthday!  None of us can believe a whole year has passed since he joined the family.  Cole spent a lot of the day pondering events from the past year.

(By the way, look at him flash those gorgeous, icy blue eyes!  What a babe.)

Cole's birthday party was definitely the most glamorous of our McAllister Boys Birthday Week.  Benson got the fire station, John got the Cheesecake Factory, and Cole got a picnic dinner at Hollywood Beach in Florida. 

Our good friends the Levers joined us for Cole's birthday bash.  Here is everyone getting ready for the cake, which was technically a blueberry-peach cobbler (my large cake decorating kit didn't make the cut to bring on our plane to Florida).  Cole didn't seem to care and he devoured the cobbler!

 To cap off Cole's birthday party, we rented a surrey and biked a few miles along the Hollywood Beach boardwalk until dark.

Our fancy vehicle with the cute kids waving up front turned a lot of heads.

Cole was thrilled by the scraps of wrapping paper on his birthday presents. 

 Cole, meet Mr. Potato Head.

The grand finale birthday gift-- if I may say so myself-- was Cole's birth box.  It's a box that holds his ultrasounds, first pictures, hospital bracelet from when he was born, runner-up names we considered for him, baby blessing transcription, my pregnancy pictures, his baby announcement (the one that looks like a passport), a clay mold of his hands, etc.  It took me a LONG time to put this all together, so Cole had better take it with him everywhere he goes throughout life!

What a good, earnest, dangerously curious, giggly, snuggly, handsome boy.  Benson put it well when he described Cole as "a baby with squashy cheeks."  We're so glad Cole graced the earth with his presence and that he's ours forever! Happy birthday little man.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Cole is 1! What great pictures. He is a gorgeous boy, just like his big brother. I love the birth box idea, I just might have to steal it!

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

Love your family picture up top. :)

BWei said...

A year already?!!! Wow. Loved the birth box idea--and I still can't get over that passport birth announcement.

Jessica and Todd said...

Happy Birthday Cole! Only one and already having fancy birthday celebrations, lucky guy!!

Joy and Ted said...

What a cutie! I can't believe I have never met the little man! What a sad thing! Let's fix that ASAP!

Shapiro said...

Happy Birthday to all the McAllister handsomes! I wish we could party with you! What a fun trip - Ellie and Nathan were glued to the video with the alligators! We love you guys!