January 22, 2011

Really Old

I am the world's newest 29 year old, which (as I understand it) is the age that I'll claim for the rest of my life!  So each birthday from here on out will be #29. 

"Mom, stop smiling and blow out those candles before your cake is consumed!"

John took the day off work and played with the kids while I ran errands, had a job interview, and read Fablehaven.  

My boys made me delicious crepes for breakfast.  They were so good that I actually got tears in my eyes!  Right here, these 3 guys... I have it all. 

Cole learned how to clap for my birthday! 

John wants me to post this picture.

According to him, the crepe on the left was "caramelized banana with shaved chocolate and almonds covering ice cream with ground vanilla flecks." The one on the right was "homemade blueberry syrup (with real blueberries in it) over flecked-vanilla ice cream," all wrapped in warm crepes, dusted with confectioners sugar, and garnished with their respective fillings.

Thank you John. 

Benson was John's eager birthday present wrapper assistant.  

 And Benson was also my eager present unwrapper assistant!  

 
For my birthday dinner, we tried out (ready with your French accent?) "Le Reve Patisserie & Cafe."  The soup, baguettes, main dish, and DESSERTS were outrageous!  This is a definite repeat restaurant.  If you come visit us in Milwaukee, this is where we're taking you.   

John and I are addicted to this puzzle.  We've been chipping away at it for a week.  For my final birthday wish, I told John I wanted to finish this puzzle, and I refused to sleep until it was done.  

Here we are at midnight, still staring at the pieces...

Found one!  

(As you can guess, we did not finish the puzzle.  And also as you can guess, we've been having a lot of fun with our camera timer.)  

9 comments:

Leah said...

Congratulations!! YAY! I knew you could do it! Wait, this is the b-day post, isn't it? Oops.
Anyway, happy B-day too! My sister just turned 29 and her mil just pointed out that it is better to look young for your age than to be an old, haggy looking 29 for the rest of your life. Maybe you DO want to turn 30 next year! Anyway, I guess you have a whole year to decide!

Rebecca & Kyle Moore said...

so sweet! loved reading about all your happiness :)

Jackie said...

Happy birthday to YOU! Looks like a fabulous day.

You make 29 look good.

BWei said...

Happy birthday!!!! And so exciting about the job. I wish I could be there--I'd love watching your boys. Let us know how it goes!

Joy and Ted said...

Cole looks so cute and grown-up! Loved your birthday happiness. Thanks for paving the way for me, you 29 year old you! AND, John, those crepes look AMAZING!! Wow. I am so impressed by the whole breakfast. If the eye doctor thing doesn't work out for you, you definitely have a back-up!

Shalet said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday and good luck out in the work force! You'll do great! Kiddos are sure cute!

T & E's Blog said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Frederickson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frederickson said...

K&J,

It looks like you could use some help on your puzzles. I know of a couple of (little) people who are amazingly fast at solving any puzzles. One is named Alistair and the other is Chase. If you haven't seem them go through a puzzle like it's a caramelized banana with shaved chocolate and almonds covering ice cream with ground vanilla flecks crepe, then you ain't seen nothing yet.

Dad