January 22, 2011

Now Hiring

Are you sitting down?  Don't freak out, but... I GOT A JOB!!!

A local elementary school needs an SLP two days a week.  It's from February until June (I'm just covering a maternity leave) so that'll be a good trial run for me to see how the working mom balance goes.  If it's fabulous and all four McAllisters are doing fine, then I'll continue to work part-time, but if it's too tough then I'll return to being a stay-at-home momma.

I'm really thrilled about this opportunity.  I love my field and I especially love the difference you can make in a child's life by improving their speech and language.

So now, John and I are looking for babysitters.  Since it's such a short time frame, we're skipping daycare and doing the babysitter thing.


Here is a note from our boys:

If you want this choice position, have a cheery disposition.
Rosy cheeks, no warts!  Play games, all sorts.
You must be kind, you must be witty, very sweet and fairly pretty.
Take us on outings, give us treats, sing songs, bring sweets.

Never be cross or cruel, never give us castor oil or gruel.
Love us as a son and daughter, and never smell of barley water.
If you won't scold and dominate us,
We will never give you cause to hate us.

We won't hide your spectacles so you can't see,
Put toads in your bed or pepper in your tea.  
Hurry, Nanny!  Many thanks.
Sincerely, Cole and Benson Banks.

If you fit this criteria, you're available and interested, please contact us.  And if you can talk to birds or slide up bannisters, make sure to include that on your resume.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

That's a great schedule! Too bad we're too far to help you out with your cuties.

Kaleb and Abby Widmier said...

congrats on the job! I am on the job hunt as well. i have a few things pending but depending on the type of work and number of days...I may be interested in the babysitting idea. We'll have to chat.

Shapiro said...

Ooooh! I wish I lived in Milwaukee. We'd just swap for a date night now and then. Man. When will we all live close by. I am so thrilled for you. I know when you told me at Christmas it was an option I knew you'd get it... because you're a dynamite 29 year old! Happy Birthday belated! I'm way impressed with you and John's french skills. We want to come and go to that Patisserie with you. And those crepes looked fantastic. We were just chatting out crepes this evening. Crepes are food of the divine. I am convinced of that. Happy Birthday divine diva! You deserve 29+ birthday hugs and kisses! We love you guys!

Janet said...

Congrats, Karisa! I've been working part-time for awhile now and I think that is is incredibly therapeutic. I find that I am even a better mom when I am not expecting my kids to give me my whole life's fulfillment. Good luck with the organizing the babysitting stuff. In my experience that has been the most stressful part. Luckily you already have a good network; that will help a lot!

BensonBlog said...

Congrats on the new job, in addition to being a fun mom and wife. Drop a line when you get a chance.

Uncle Gordon