The other day, I told John to prepare himself, because I needed a new *look.* Then I drove off to the salon. Here's the picture I brought to my appointment (from the actress of When in Rome):
I went into the haircut with high hopes for my dramatic change, and I came out looking... not like Kristen Bell. I look exactly the same as I did before! Nobody can tell the difference. Not even John. Not even me. There's no need to post a picture of my new look, because nothing has changed! This shouldn't have surprised me after I noticed the lengths of my cut hairs on the salon floor-- one millimeter here, one millimeter there...
For every haircut, I bring in a picture of who I want to look like. I'm beginning to realize that my different ideas always end in basically the same result. Here are a few of my other recent pictures:
Reese Witherspoon from Sweet Home Alabama...
Gwyneth Paltrow from Emma (this look was from years ago-- I wanted her hair for my wedding day)...
My friend Catherine...
Anyway, I'm becoming resigned to the fact that no matter what I attempt, I look like me. Not Gwyneth, not Reese, not Catherine, just trusty old Karisa. You know all those high school yearbook comments: "BFF! 2-cool 2-be 4-gotten! Stay the same! Don't ever change!" That's like me, always the same. When I'm 60, I'll probably look just as I do now, but with added wrinkles.
There, aren't you glad you spent 2 minutes of your life to read my thoughts about hair? Stay tuned for an even more exciting upcoming post on John's new mustache and beard. Yes, you read that right, MUSTACHE.




2 comments:
That's pretty much what happens to me every time I get my hair cut too. I don't take pictures anymore. I've found that it turns out better if I don't. I think it puts too much pressure on the stylist to get it just like the picture and they end up messing it up. My best cuts have happened when I explain to them what I want.
Good, I like you just the way you are!
Post a Comment