Here's the latest two reasons why I love my John:

I convinced John to wear his Phillies shirt along with me to the Brewers game last week. He was
very anxious about wearing the opposing team's jerseys (especially because the red stands out so much in a stadium of blue Brewers shirts), but he wore it anyway so I wouldn't be the only one the crowd picked on. John and I got several hundred boos, endless swear words, tons of people shouting at us "Phillies Suck!" and even some popcorn thrown at us! So maybe this wasn't my brightest idea. But I was grateful John was willing to endure the derision with me!
And it was a great game, and the Phillies won. And luckily our car wasn't trashed when we headed back after the game.

Here's leadership at its finest. The wave. Note how John threw a Brewers shirt on top of his Phillies shirt because, "Karisa, no one will listen to me if I'm wearing my Phillies shirt."
That's my man!
6 comments:
Good to see you are getting out and about! And what brave souls you are too:)
We're so proud to see that we've raised a diehard Phillies fan! That was a sweet victory with 47-year-old Jamie Moyer on the mound for the Phillies. Now the question is — do we have enough nerve to wear our Phillies jerseys to the Red Sox-Phillies game at Fenway Park when we're all up in Boston in June?!
Dear K and J,
It is great to see you waive the Philly Phlag in Milwaukee, and I admire your courage to do so in that great and spacious stadium of hostility. However, I noted the absence of any photos that included little Benson at the game. I remind you both that it is important that you train up your children from their earliest youth in the way that they should go!! Go, Phillies!!
Love, Dad
O my gosh!! We miss you guys!! We kind of know how it feels. We're padres fans in dodger town and it's the biggest rivalry out here! But, we still sport our gear. Your family looks awesome! Let me know how the juggling of 2 is working out.
Way to be a die-hard Phillies fan. I love that John wore his Phillies shirt but he still had a Brewers shirt with him just in case. Looked like a super fun night!
I love it! Way to be true to your team! It's probably best that Benson wasn't there if people were swearing at you. :) I love the picture of John leading the wave! And I love that you can see the red shirt underneath!
Post a Comment