September 9, 2009

Weekend Slumber Party

Everyone in this picture is either a past roommate (or their husband or child), a cousin, or a sibling. And they're all some of my favorite people. I'm in PA now spending some time in my old stomping grounds, and three different sets of company drove out for a weekend visit! It was the slumber party of my dreams. Here we are running the loop at Valley Forge National Park.

Just so you can keep us all straight:
-Chelsey, Kevin, Jillian and Peter drove down from Connecticut.
-Kira and Heidi drove over from Ohio.
-Joy, Ted, and Amelia drove up from Virginia.


You always have to take these kind of pictures of the kiddos, just in case they marry each other when they grow up! (Or if they're college roommates, or if they go to scout camp together, or become business partners, etc.)



We stayed up late into the nights watching football, eating fresh peach cobbler, playing Moods and Scattergories, telling hilarious stories, solving world problems, and just in general "rekindling" (as Delilah would say). It was the best weekend! (The only thing that would've made it better was if John was there, but he's currently doing an ophthalmology away rotation at the University of Utah.) I feel so lucky to have these wonderful life-long friends.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Karisa, that looks like a fun running group. I have to ask, do you love that stroller? Mick and I did a lot of looking and we just got a BOB. Funny, huh? We have another three months till baby boy comes, but we already picked out a stroller.
Hope you guys are doing great!

sandy noll said...

You know how to have more fun than anyone I know!

Jessica and Todd said...

You guys are always having so much fun!! Makes me excited for 4th year! Hope we get to see you soon.

Lynn said...

you are having too much fun traveling! we miss ya over here. :)

Bradbury Bunch said...

So Fun!! That's my kind of slumber party! And I just looked over the Slovenia pictures=BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! Nick and I will have to add it on our list-maybe we can go together! :)
P-S We're still on for a game of Settlers with you in December! (bring your game face)

Família Mundy said...

You didn't tell me you went to such a fun trip to Europe! That's awsome!! Don't forget to send me the pics from the park! Love!!!