May 29, 2009

Dunk Tank

Today I crossed another item off of my life's to-do list:
#68-- Be in a Dunk Tank


Ever since I watched Pollyanna as a little kid, I've wanted to do this. The elementary school where I work was organizing an end-of-the-year carnival, and so during a recent staff meeting when the principal asked for volunteers for the dunk tank, I was the first (and only) person one to raise my hand! A few other teachers were eventually strong-armed into doing the dunk tank, which was nice so I didn't have to do it for the full 4 hours. (That thought just makes me cold.)



Anyway, it was really fun, really nail-biting, and really wet. I was amazed how quickly my bar dropped me as soon as a person would hit the target-- I didn't even have time to react and scream! (Which I had practiced: "OH NOOO!!!") If any of you ever come across the opportunity to be in a dunk tank, I'd jump on it. I mean honestly, how many times in your life will you get the chance? Maybe once.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Ha!! That's so awesome.

And this is why I like you, Karisa.

Wendy said...

You are such a good sport...looks like fun, I guess!?!?

Bethany said...

You're a brave soul! Dunk the speech lady! Dunk the speech lady!

Joy and Ted said...

You are such a good sport!! Those kids are so lucky (for two more weeks)! Ahh!!

Micah C said...

Crazy - but as always in a super fun way!

Tim and Sara said...

HAHAHAHA reason #523 why you're one of my favorite people.

Ruth said...

So Fun!! How many times did you actually go down?!

Janice said...

Way to show them how it is done, Karisa! I am sure all the students love you! The spunky speech teacher! We all love you, too!

Christine said...

How fun! I've always wanted to try it too.

The Sorensens said...

Wow! You are sooo wet! So, a dunk tank is kinda like a water park in a box, eh?