March 28, 2009

Shopping Trip

Last night, John, Benson and I ran into a store to buy one box of cake mix.


45 minutes later, we walked out of the store with one box of cake mix and...
A TENT!

We would have also bought some stilts and sombreros while we were in our random shopping mood, but we resisted.

Anyway, here she is! What a beauty! We were so anxious to try out our new tent that we decided not to wait for good weather and just set it up indoors. This is the only space in our house that would fit the tent-- our dining room. Either this tent is huge, or our house is tiny! We're excited and puzzled that we got this tent for such a great price-- it was about the cost of a tee-shirt. Hopefully it's better than a tee-shirt at keeping us dry in the rain! So far though, so good.


Benson didn't share our enthusiasm about the tent and his new sleeping bag. Oh well, camping wasn't innate for me either.

We're really excited about the freedom a tent provides-- now we never need to stay in a hotel room again! When John has his interviews for residency this fall, think of the thou$and$ he'll save by camping out in the med school parking lots! He can wash his hair in a hose and use Febreeze to freshen up before his interviews! No seriously, we're already planning lots of camping trips, now that we're suddenly campers. On our list: Mackinac Island MI (road trip with friends), Door County WI (gorgeous), and St. Louis (we hear that's really roughing it!).

If you want to come along, let us know! Our tent can fit about 4 Milwaukee adults, or 6 San Diego ones.

13 comments:

Joy and Ted said...

And if you can't find a hose to wash your hair, there's always the toliet. Ha ha! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Love you guys!

Jackie said...

Fancy purchase! Thank goodness for cake mixes.

PS- You crack me up...

BWei said...

So glad to know that I am not the only one who makes impulse purchases sometimes. I did that the other week when I brought home a kite (nope, not on the list). Come camp in Augusta, GA--it's gorgeous right now!

Wendy said...

lol...that was a well needed laugh for me, thank you!

Jeannette said...

Wow Karisa!! Looks like fun!

Tim and Sara said...

Let us know when you go! Looks like there's room enough for you guys to take Dirk in your tent, too! How exciting! Let me tell you there's nothing better than the smell of your dirty dog, in a small tent, in warm weather. We'll put Benson in our tent.

Sook said...

I want a tent, too! :-) You are hilarious, Karisa. I love the way you write on your blog. So fun and cute.

Família Mundy said...

I loved camping indoors when I was young with my sister and brother. We'd use all the sheets in the house, brooms and mops (for stakes) and tie around the entire bedroom. We'd bring grapes inside and play there all day long!!! Fun times! Benson will warm up to the tent, for sure!!!!

cheryl said...

4 Milwaukee adults or 6 San Diegans? We match both of those requirements...maybe more San Diegan though. We haven't been camping in a very long time.

Unknown said...

haha that's pretty funny about the 4 milwaukee adults or 6 San Diego ones :)

Have fun with your new tent. We'd join you...but you're a little far away. Let us know if you're in Phoenix though.

Bradbury Bunch said...

How many Philadelphia people does your tent hold?! LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one going into a store and coming out with more than what's on the list! This was really funny, and I'm glad you all had a campout to test out your new toy! Sounds like you're going to be having lots of fun with it--and we think John should interview over here just for the record!

Bradbury Bunch said...

P-S Benson is so STINKIN' cute! I love the park and fridge post! XOXO

Marjorie Sue said...

We can see that you are getting ready for our family camping trip this summer! Great purchase!! I think the price you paid is much more reasonable than the price of the tent you borrowed last camping trip. AMS