I was tagged by 6 people to write 25 random facts about my life. I could only think of 21. This may be a yawner, but... here it is:
1) When M&Ms were choosing another color, I phoned my vote in every day for a month. (Blue-- we won!)
2) By the time I was 5, I had memorized the Preamble to the Constitution, the 13 Articles of Faith, the 10 Commandments, and I learned how to french braid my own hair.
3) My favorite animal is the alligator. (They're the only non-extinct animal that was around when dinosaurs were on earth! Pretty cool, folks.)
4) The house I grew up in (Philadelphia, PA) is 2 minutes away from Will Smith's house.
5) John and I both play the trombone. (We were trombonists in the band from 4th grade to 12th grade.)
6) I joined the Swing Dancing, the Rock Climbing, and the Cake Decorating clubs in college.
7) I used to be a fast-pitch softball pitcher, and I even invented a pitch-- The Babbel Buster. It wasn't very consistent though--the batters either struck out or got a home run off of it!
8) I used to dream of having enough kids to reach the double digits, but that number has divided in half!
9) Haircutters commonly remark while cutting my hair, "wow, you have virgin hair!" That means it's never been dyed or highlighted.
10) John and I have been on a "Les Miserables" kick recently, and we sing our hearts out each day as we listen to the music. (Our latest favorite song is "Stars" by the policeman Javert-- we don't really agree with the message, but what a gorgeous solo!)
11) I'm a speech pathologist at an elementary school, and I think it's the best occupation on earth. I love it!
12) Remember those Presidential Physical Fitness tests back in grade school? The ones everyone blew off? I trained for them, and even set a few records. If you go to my old elementary school, you might see a banner in the gym with my name on it for doing 15 chinups, 68 situps in a minute, and stretching 8 inches past my toes on the "sit & reach." I even got a letter from President Clinton congratulating me!
13) Before meeting John, I wanted to marry Prince William.
14) My favorite actors are Denzel Washington and Sandra Bullock.
15) I attempted to give myself a nose job when I ws 13.
16) Benson brings a smile to my face every time I think of him.
17) When I was 18, evidently some guy friends realized I'd never kissed anyone, so they each put $20 into a pot, and decided that whoever kissed me first would get the money! (There were 7 guys.) None of them won, thank you very much!
18) My favorite movie is the Sound of Music.
19) I knew John was "the one" on our 3rd date, when we were in my apartment and he agreed to do a latin dance aerobic video with me. He didn't have a tee shirt with him, so he borrowed my biggest one (which was skin tight on him), and we just cracked up the entire time doing the workout video.
20) John is teaching me how to enjoy seafood.
21) I've been nicknamed the Baby Whisperer and also the Pied Piper.
5 comments:
Are you serious about #2? The memorizing is impressive, but french braiding?! Wow. One of the many things I love about you, Karis, is how goal-oriented and multi-faceted you are. Hilarious about the M&Ms.
Wow- this is great!! I've been on a Les Mis kick lately myself... good stuff :) And those Presidential Fitness records are impressive! :)
Amen to the Baby Whisperer...
You forgot to mention a few things:
1. You cut off your thick, beautiful eyelashes when you were 3. We always teased you that they were so long and heavy that it must be hard to hold your eyes open! There was a firm rule in the house that you kids were not allowed to cut your hair, but we had forgotten to make a rule saying that you were not allowed to cut your eyelashes!
2. Add Beatitudes to the list of things you had memorized by the age of 5. We also have a video of you tying your own shoelaces when you were just 3 years old. We hadn't tried to teach you this skill yet because you were still way too young, but you figured out how to do it on your own. We were so astonished that we videotaped it and put the date on it.
3. You and your little brother were almost accidentally run over by your big sister when you were operating a lemonade stand one afternoon and she drove by. She had only been driving alone for about a week and as she drove past the lemonade stand on her way to soccer practice, she airily waved and beeped the horn and then missed a curve in the road and jumped the curb. All the lemonade stand workers scattered and ran for their lives out of the path of the car (I remember Amanda Dambrink was there with you and Tyson, but I don't remember if Margo and Caroline were there also). Fortunately, your sister got the car back under control and nonchalantly continued driving to soccer practice, and this is just a funny family story now.
4. You are a pro at doing logic puzzles and can do them amazingly fast. You always want a new logic puzzle book for your birthday and Christmas. You love organizing logic puzzle competitions in the family where everyone is given the same puzzle to solve and we time how long it takes each one of us to solve it. Of course, your time always beat everyone else's time by at least a half hour.
5. You were elected president of your elementary school in 5th grade, class president in 10th and 11th grades, and homecoming queen your senior year of high school.
And by the way, we're very happy that you didn't let those guys get you out of the Virgin Lips club!
Love, Mom and Dad
Your mom would be proud to know that I have been working on the preamble with my kids..who could forget that wonderful tune and all the extra credit points I could always get on history tests for knowing the preamble!
Post a Comment