October 11, 2008

My Vice

Yesterday was my payday and I did something pretty dumb. No, I didn't gamble the money away. I didn't drink it away. But, I did spend the money on... HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS! (Okay, not all of my paycheck was spent on decorations-- give me a little credit-- and I will be returning some of the stuff. But I spent way more than I was intending.)


For a long time, I was a "closet" decorator-- I would make fun of Martha Stewart with my family, but secretly I was studying her books and magazines. I pretend crafts are lame, but I have a big kit full of supplies (which I pulled out yesterday as I spent the day painting, gluing, sanding, tying, etc.). I don't really know where I got this crafty/decorating fetish, but it's kind of fun! It turns a house into a home. Anyway, yesterday I went a little bit crazy at the store(s), and John was speechless when he saw the bales of hay, gourds, flowers, indian corn, cinnamon pinecones, fall leaves, orange napkins, and the 4 new square plates (it's a current trend).



I really am not pregnant! I have no excuse for this nesting.

5 comments:

BWei said...

I am the same way! I so often get sucked in with decorations (especially for fall and Christmas!).

Echo said...

Karisa-I think that it was $$ well spent!! It looks great..watch out Martha Stewart!

Shapiro said...

Karisa, this made me laugh and I read it to Marcus... because I have a tendency to sometimes do the same thing! It is a human womanly thing, I am convinced, and decorations are FUN! The decorations looked great! Happy Harvest and Happy returns! :)

Christine said...

How pretty! You are so talented. I get that way too. I could live at the craft store. I try not to go there too often, because every time I do, I spend way too much money. I'm so glad that I found your blog. Keep in touch.

Blossom Art said...

Karisa,
I am with you on this one. ;)
Good job for making your house a home. It looks great!
Beautiful surroundings always make people happier...
Suymey