October 16, 2008

Are you allowed to pray for the Phillies to win the World Series?

They finally made it!!! My family had season tickets to the Phillies games all growing up (every home game except for Sundays), and we've seen a lot of disappointing seasons and we've had plenty of heartbreaks, so winning the pennant last night was a HUGE DEAL! Now they've just gotta win 4 more games. My family had a long-standing rule that if the Phillies ever won the World Series, we'd all be allowed to skip school for a day to celebrate (we never got to do it--almost in 1993 though), so I'm wondering if I'm still allowed to skip if they win it this year.

YAY PHILS!!!

3 comments:

Lisa C said...

I'm pretty sure Dan has been...hooray Phillies!

Wendy said...

Isn't it exciting!

Unknown said...

Go Phillthies! I totally went to opening night with you and your fam one year. It was so much fun!