Allow us to introduce the newest addition to our family:
Christian Blake McAllister!
Born October 19, 2013, at 2:38 AM.
The name was actually a last-minute change-- for months our plan was to call him Devon, but it just didn't feel right when we met him. John's great-grandpa was named Christian (actually Kristian), and he was a humble Danish farmer who didn't have much in terms of worldly possessions, but tried his best in life and had a huge heart, so... it just clicked for our baby. And we have a friend named Blake that we really admire, and we also love his name. So Christian Blake it is!
Scales don't lie, buddy.
9 pounds, 15 ounces, 21 inches long.
It was kind of validating to have such a huge baby, since my pregnant belly was ENORMOUS! It's nice to know my size wasn't just all those Wendy's Frosties carrots I ate.
Ahhh! After 24 hours of labor (12 at home, 12 at the hospital), I was so relieved to finally meet my little man.
Taking the official footprints...
(Don't worry, John's cigar is made entirely of chocolate.)
This is my wonderful anesthesiologist, Tracy Zundel, who actually attends church with us each week! We're really good friends with Tracy and his wife Lindsay. Tracy only does one L&D shift every three months, and it happened to coincide with the exact time we were in the hospital and needed an epidural! He did a perfect job. (And I covered myself with sheets and blankets as much as possible to make everything very modest, so I won't feel totally awkward around Tracy for the rest of my life.)
Benson and Cole wasted no time teaching Christian about their various toy airplanes.
So far so good! Can you tell we've been practicing the concept of gentle?
Happy Birth Day, Christian! Welcome to this wonderful world. We are so honored that you joined our family.
9 comments:
Yay! I am so excited for you all! Glad to hear there was an epidural somewhere in those 24 hours;)
Congratulations! He is beautiful! And huge! And such a handsome little man. Grandma broke your ice - she called me this morning and told me his name. She was bursting her buttons over the phone. I love his name. We've had Christian in our line up for both boys, but like you said - it's got to feel right! And Christian seems right for your sweetie. So proud of you guys and hope recovery and adjustment to this new little angel goes perfectly. We love you so much!
Congrats! You are one tough mama!
Congratulation! Wow! I am still impressed with how BIG he was! So glad you are doing well and so excited for your family's newest arrival!
Congrats!! What a cutie! We miss your family, and are excited for your new addition.
Congratulations...the world is A Better place with your children in it! Could I bring some dinner or something in the next week or two?
Congratulations! This is awesome news! So happy for you! What a cutie too. I like his name too.
Welcome to the world Christian!! we are so excited you and your family will be coming to the east coast. I have 3 little boys who are eager to play with the McAllister 3! Well wishes to your whole family. Great job mommy, almost 10 lbs!!
LOVE the "you know you're post partum when.." post. dead on!
YOU LOOK STUNNING in every shot! 24 hours after labor, I dont believe that, I'm going to need witnesses to corroborate your story! Beautiful!!
PS when you have a moment, haha, send me an e-mail about how to do the thing on the side of the blog where your kids pictures are a slide show. so cool!
Hooray!!! Many congrats! What a wonderful new addition to the clan :)
Post a Comment