The boys were delighted to find their own boxes of chocolates waiting by their doors when they awoke on Valentine's Day. They were a close 2nd to Lucy and Ethel for how fast they could stuff chocolates in their mouths.
We did the lollipop hand trick for our cards this year
Our Valentine's Day treat was nosebleed tickets to Disney On Ice.
It was outstanding! The theme was "100 Years of Disney," so they did short snippets from a lot of different movies.
The skaters were incredible. I think Disney on Ice is where all the ice skaters go who barely didn't make the Olympics. (It would be a fun consolation prize.)
We hosted the playgroup party at our house this year. 28 people came! (19 kids, 9 moms.) If you know my house, this is a feat. I knew ahead of time that there'd be a lot of party guests, so I created a little Valentine's carnival, with each room being a different station. That helped spread everyone out.
Of course we had to have a cookie decorating station
And more cute kids were always playing in the play room
Soon after that playgroup party was over, I switched out the red/pink balloons out for Beatrix Potter decorations, and hosted a baby shower for my co-worker Megan.
I was worried my co-workers would boycott the baby shower (since I had just resigned), but people still came. (Not everyone is pictured above.) I'm going to miss these women!
Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
As usual, it looks like a fun party at the McAllisters!
Post a Comment