John and I just uploaded pictures from our camera and found a few newsworthy shots from this past month. There's no common theme except for McAllisters.
This first picture represents one giant leap for mankind. Benson recently learned how to put on his shoes All. By. Himself. On the correct feet, with the velcro straps firmly in place, and the tongue (sometimes) pulled out. The works. Now let's be honest, Benson is a bright kid, but his mind is usually occupied by more important stuff than getting dressed or basic hygiene. (Like, how to bite his toast into the shape of Minnesota.) So this shoe thing is a big success for him.
I was so elated his first time I almost filmed it. (And you can bet that video would have gone viral!)
I love to tiptoe into the boys rooms while they sleep and watch them peacefully breathe and dream. Isn't Cole just beautiful? Especially with his BFF teddy bear snuggled in close? (Tell me it's not just me.)
Here are a couple of the church kids playing on a mountain of pillows for my Sermon on the Mount lesson. The children loved it, and were only marginally rowdy.
Here are the essential components:
1) Make a mountain
2) Have a basket with items in it
3) Whoever is being well-behaved gets to pick an item from the basket
4) Discuss
Some of the basket items were: a rock (wise man built his house upon a rock), a pirate eye patch (Jesus taught higher law, not "an eye for an eye"), a big B (Beatitudes), golden paper with golden rule written on it (Jesus taught golden rule), praying hands (the Lord's prayer), and a candle (let your light so shine).
I suddenly got into scarves. (Yes, we're having a slow news day.) I always wear the wintery ones, but I just discovered the fashion ones. John was so excited by my trendy modern look that he took a picture. (It's that same positive reinforcement method I use when I kiss him right after he shaves.)
And... perhaps our craziest news ever, we have just enrolled Benson in German Immersion School. He'll start K4 there in the fall. Oh boy!
(I mean, perfectenschlag!)

5 comments:
Sehr Gut! (Very Good)! I remember you mentioning that you might send him to the German school...very cool! I took a couple years in school...it is a fun language and they have yummy food!!
I miss you guys. I tend to think that most men that have genius status cannot put on their own shoes...Benson still holds genious status in my book! You look pretty stinkin' cute in that scarf. Love you guys!
I miss you guys too, and Abby is right, you look lovely in your scarf! Also agree with Abby about Benson's genius status. You probably won't get him to stop speaking German at home and then you'll have no idea what he's saying. I'll be interested to here how school goes for him. I have fond memories of the park right by that school, obviously! Miss miss miss you guys.
very cute post, I LOVE your commentary!
You know you've arrived when you start wearing fashion scarves. :-)
Post a Comment