We had a wonderful 5-day visit from The Bostonians this past week (AKA my sister Elise and her entourage of boys: Oliver, Caleb, Chase, and Brooks).
We are honored that they'd spend their spring break in Wisconsin, of all places! Clearly, they didn't choose their destination for the good weather.
Benson and Chase both inherited the family's recessive puzzle gene, and they stayed busy cracking tough puzzles together.
We partied hard at the Country Springs indoor water park. Here's Oliver and Elise blasting out of the chute.
I think I could permanently live on the Lazy River. Here is Caleb, Oliver, and Chase tubing along.
Cole and I shot some hoops together.
John gave everyone the hospital tour, and then I gave everyone the school tour.
This picture is going on the door of Chase and Benson's future dorm room.
I'll bet $5 that they're discussing either giraffes, states, or popcorn.
Everyone was here for Benson's big day! As soon as he woke up on the morning of his 3rd birthday, Benson did what he's been anticipating for a whole year-- he climbed to the TOP BUNK! (Our family rule is you have to be at least 3 to go to the top.) Benson was shaking out of nervousness and excitement-- I think we may have built this up a little too much!
Our biggest news on Benson's birthday was the arrival of a new baby cousin! My other sister Tara delivered her baby girl on April 18th, exactly 3 years after Benson was born. Her name is Ivy Naomi. Hooray!
For Benson's birthday, he invited his friends to join him for a tour of the fire station. The firefighters did a good job mesmerizing the kids. After the tour, we all indulged in ice cream cones.
We all gathered around and helped Benson open his birthday gifts. John and I had asked Benson earlier in the week what birthday present he hoped for most of all. He thought about it, and said "a raisin." We pushed a little harder-- "but is there something that you REALLY WANT? More than anything else?!" He thought about it some more and replied, "I want to take a vacation to Nebraska."




5 comments:
looks like a lot of fun with a whole lot of boys! wow! congrats to tara and evan, i think Ivy is atleast a couple notches above Clementine.
They have Ticket to Ride online?! We love that game!
I want in on Ticket to Ride online!
I love this post for so many reasons! Hooray for baby Ivy! Also, I don't know at which I laughed harder - the raisin or the trip to Nebraska. :)
What a great idea for a birthday party. I bet the kids loved the fire station! I have been trying to think of something creative (cheap and easy too) to do for Amelia's 3rd birthday. I'm so glad you had a great time with the Hahls!
Post a Comment