December 12, 2010

Ho ho ho

We glammed up yesterday for John's work Christmas party.  Everything was so festive and posh, so John and I tried to be on our very best manners.  Man, the food was FABULOUS!  The night went smoothly until John and I got on the dance floor-- turns out we're both a little rusty.  We definitely won't be posting the video our friend took of us attempting the lindy-hop.


 "STOP THE RIDE!  THIS INSTANT!"  Cole's first sledding experience was very dramatic.  I think we'll be sticking to the bunny slopes for a while.


Here's Mr. Cole with two of his girlfriends, Liv and Charlotte, at a playgroup Christmas party.  It looks like he'll have to try harder to impress those girls!   


This is Benson's third consecutive rough year with Santa Claus.  He'll get it eventually.

It was pointed out to us recently--who says Santa has to be white? and chubby? and old?  Who says he can't be tall, dark, and handsome?  Who says he can't greet the children with lines like, "Santa is in da house, yo! Whatchu want for Christmas, honky?" 

Ah, I love this season.  We're glad to be surrounded by some of our favorite friends here in Milwaukee.  May your holiday season be equally delightful!

3 comments:

Tim and Sara said...

Travis = best Santa EVER. But you should tell him that to some people, "honky" is a little offensive. I think we've discussed this before, but I prefer "cracker", if we're calling names.

Mary Jane said...

It's nice that both boys aren't freaking out at the same time. Benson enjoys the sledding, and Cole isn't afraid of Santa Claus.

Lynn said...

haha love benson's reaction. a moment to remember although now what a parent would like. oh i wish i could see that dancing video. did you two get to breakdown those disco moves you practiced at home?