July 23, 2009

Places to Go, People to See (by Benson)

After 15 months of life, I've learned a few things. My motto these days is simple: Go go go. Busy busy busy. Action action action. Leave no stone unturned. Each morning, I wake up with the sun and hit the ground running. I've got 6 hours before my mom makes me pause and take a nap, 6 hours to squeeze in as much as possible. For instance, here's a report of my morning today:


I started out the morning with a cup of hot chocolate. If I wasn't quite awake before, I am now.



I caught the 7:30 express train and even helped drive it. I got all the suburban commuters to their city jobs right on time.



It usually takes an hour when I grocery shop with my dad or my mom, but today, with me in charge, I got it all done in 30 seconds.



The post office needed help with their phone intercom system, so I stopped by to troubleshoot. Not to brag, but I'm kind of a phone expert.



Did you watch the news today? Maybe you saw me. My mom and I were guest meteorologists on the local Channel 6 News this morning. Looks like a warm front is heading towards the Great Lakes region. And snow all over the west coast-- glad I'm not there!



I weeded the garden and picked a few flowers for our dining room table.



We stopped by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra during their practice. I conducted them in a John Philip Sousa march, and they actually followed me! When I moved the baton fast, they played fast, and when I moved it slow, they played slow. And when I dropped the baton and ran away, they stopped.



I visited the bank to troubleshoot yet another problematic phone system.



My mom dropped me off at a local farm so I could pick some fresh corn for dinner.



I was born pushing a wheelbarrow! Can't wait to try out our fresh-picked corn tonight!


All in all, it was a 5-star morning. The errands made me tired, but as I laid down for my nap, I felt very satisfied. I always wonder what my mom does while I nap, but I suspect she falls asleep too! She can't quite keep up with my always-on-the-go schedule.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Ha! Reading this makes me need a nap too...

Jeannette said...

Wow! how fun! Was that like a "Please touch" museum?

BWei said...

Too funny--when I saw that first pic I was thinking, "Wow, it must still be cold up there to get hot chocolate in the morning!" :-)

Lynn said...

wow kaden needs to hang out with benson more often and follow his example. maybe after hanging out once kaden will start making dinner for us.....

McAllister Family said...

That's quite a schedule! Sounds like a little guy I know! And this mama needs a nap too!