January 26, 2008

OUR ADVENTURE IN FLORIDA

The group of us taking a manatee tour. We saw about 10 of them! They looked like big dark blobs in the water. We also saw about a dozen jellyfish swimming by.


Quin and Caleb making up a boat dance.


Here I am with my 3 cute nephews. This was a fun part to the boat-- a net that you could sit on while you watched the water fly by beneath you.


Here we are with the view outside of our hotel room. John and I decided we want to live in Florida when we grow up.




Elise, Oliver, Mom, Dad, Tara, Evan, me, and John.




John doing some sunrise calisthenics.






The 3 brothers-in-law (brother-in-laws?) got up early one morning for a round of golf. Here, Oliver demonstrates to Evan and John what a proper swing looks like.


Biggest, Bigger, and Big. Tara is due in February, I'm due in April, and Elise is due in May.




Caleb loves to fearlessly leap into the water. Good thing Elise was paying attention!


Me and Elise give Quin and Caleb their daily swimming lessons.


Here I am trying to cajole Quin into putting his head under the water.


A beautiful sunset.



Mom and me tolding our ears during the Everglades tour. The engine was SO LOUD! We thought it would scare away all the alligators...


...but we were wrong! Here's an alligator that came right up to our boat. I guess we were in his territory, and he was pretty annoyed.


Here's a 13-footer that I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.


A 100-year old snapping turtle that lives in the Everglades.


John and I are wiped out from all of this adventure!




No comments: